Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Zoo, Rainbow Falls, and Other Shenanigans

We had a very busy Saturday going, doing, and seeing. We decided to head to Hilo this time and kind of cruise around. We are pretty good at winging things. First, we decided to head to Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo and Gardens. It is a free zoo, so we thought, "Meh, what the hay?" After we left, I turned to Nate and told him it was the "zoo of broken dreams and aspirations." It reminded us of the show "We Bought a Zoo." Anyway, here is a look at some of the things we saw!




It's not called garbage here for a lot of people/places





DO NOT TOUCH- Plants protected by attack geckos. Yes, this sign was made for me because geckos FREAK ME OUT!




Big, fat, tired thing


Fun little turtles!


If you are catching on, I was more interested in the flowers than the animals. Like I said...broken dreams and aspirations...



BIG FROG

The Madagascar Gecko

Danger- Falling Fruit. Can you see it?




After the zoo, I asked Paisley what she thought of our adventure. I'm not sure what she is telling me. She makes me smile.





We went to Rainbow Falls after that. The water wasn't flowing much, so there was no mist in the air to make a rainbow. Bummer. But it was still cool to see!






Nate climbed up the stairs to get a better view. (That's not him in the picture) haha

Do you like his selfie? :)


After that we went to the Hilo Farmer's Market, and unfortunately didn't take any pictures. We decided to head home, and made a pit stop at a black sand beach along the way.


Can you spot the cruise ship in Hilo Bay?



Once back home in Honokaa, we went to a cute little restaurant called Grandma's Kitchen. It's like the small restaurant where grandma is literally in the kitchen. Everyone that came in would stop and talk, and the people at the table next to us were very friendly and chatted with us while we ate. Eventually Grandma came out of the kitchen long enough to smooch on all the babies and say hi to everyone, then she was back dinging her bell yelling "orders up!" It's right down the street from where we live, and I have a feeling we will be back soon! Nate had prime rib, and I ordered the pot roast. It was gooood.



We had a fun Saturday adventure. I always look forward to them. Hopefully you enjoy the pictures!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment